Martin Roberts is one of the UK’s most respected Property, Travel and Lifestyle TV presenters and journalists. For the past ten years, he has written and presented the hit BBC property auction show ‘Homes under the Hammer’, which is shown on BBC1, BBC 2; Discovery Realtime and Home! It is now in its 17th series. Over the past 20 years he has appeared on BBC TV & Radio, ITV 1, CNN and SKY TV. He was a regular presenter on ITV’s top rated travel show ‘Wish You Were Here..?’ for 8 years and the travel editor of ‘Woman’ magazine for 15 years.
He is also the BBC’s UK and Overseas Property expert, appearing as expert speaker on programmes such as ‘BBC Breakfast’ , ‘BBC News, the Jeremy Vine Show and BBC Radios 2, 4 & 5 Live.
Martin has also created a series of Special 3 day property training workshops. During the course of a long weekend, the course teaches what is needed to know to become successful as a property investor or developer – and help you avoid costly mistakes. There are a series of enjoyable interactive sessions, where participants are taught everything from raising finance and sourcing property at the best possible price – to effective renovation and property management.
His career includes: Presenting ‘Homes under the Hammer’ Property show on BBC1 (Main presenter, 650 shows, 17series). Also shown on BBC 2; Discovery Realtime and Home and TV channels in America, Australia, Canada, Europe & South Africa.
Martin’s expertise encompasses: – Compere, Interviewer, Master of Ceremonies, Auctioneer, After Dinner Speaker, Expert Speaker (Property), Autocue or ad-lib as well as Light Hearted or Serious
His corporate presentation work includes: –
- Ventura Cruise 2013;
- Ideal Home Show 2013 – Expert Celebrity Speaker
- ARMA (Association of Residential Managing Agents)- 2009 & 2010 Conference host
- Make a Wish Charity Ball- Auctioneer and MC 2010
- SAGA cruise- Lecturer- World Cruise 2011
- Willow Foundation- Charity auctioneer & MC 2009 & 2010
Thames Hospice Care- Charity auctioneer & MC 2010
- KPMG- Annual conference 2010 – Expert speaker
Atlantic Law Chambers (Solicitors & Barristers)- Conference 2010- Expert Speaker
- Ideal Home Show (2008 – 2012)- Expert Celebrity SpeakerPresenting ‘Wish You Were Here’ Travel Show on ITV Network (Regular presenter, 8 series)
- He is the former Chairman of the British Guild of Travel Writers and a board member of the Institute of Travel & Tourism and the AIPP. As well as a PropertyColumnist for News of the World and author of Teach Yourself Making Money from Property (Hodder 2008) Martin’s broadcast experience includes: –
- Presenting ‘CNN Travel News’ News programme on CNN Globally (Main Presenter, 100 shows)
He is a regular expert contributor to a wide range of publications including Tesco’s in-store magazine and numerous other lifestyle and property magazines.
He is the author of the best selling Teach Yourself guide Making Money from Property and is an active property developer and investor.