Martin Roberts is one of the UK’s most respected Property, Travel and Lifestyle TV presenters and journalists and has worked as a property developer since the early 1990s. For the past ten years, he has written and presented the hit BBC property auction show ‘Homes under the Hammer’, which is shown on BBC1, BBC 2; Discovery Realtime and Home! It is now in its 17th series. Since then, he has presented several other programmes including Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is and How to Survive the Property Crisis, both for the BBC as well as ITV’s travel programme Wish You Were Here…?
Martin has also made appearances on Ready Steady Cook with Homes Under the Hammer co-presenter, Lucy Alexander. He has been a celebrity contestant on BBC gameshows Hole in the Wall and Pointless,, raising money for charity. In July 2010 Roberts entered the BBC television programme Celebrity MasterChef, but unfortunately was eliminated despite having performed well on the ingredient recognition task. In November 2016, Martin was a contestant on I’m a I’m a Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here!
He is a regular guest presenter on The Jeremy Vine Show which airs on BBC Radio 2 and Moneybox which airs on BBC Radio 4. In March 2016, Roberts began hosting a weekly property radio show for Talk Radio named “Gazumped” (Saturday 11 am – 1 pm and Sunday 5 – 7 pm). The show was later renamed “Home Rule” and Sunday editions are no longer live, but recorded, broadcast from 6 am to 8 am.
As well as presenting on both radio and television Roberts has written many books such as The Guide To Property Investing and Developing; Making Money from Property, and The Property Auction Guide. Martin has also contributed to travelling books including Great Festivals of the World, The Travellers’ Handbook and Intrepid Africa.
Martin is the author of The Villes Children’s Books series. One of the books in the series, Sadsville, was written in partnership with the NSPCC to encourage children to contact ChildLine if they need someone to talk to about any problems, although it is unrelated to the subject of mental health. To promote this book, Martin Roberts went to his local primary school, at which his children attended.
Martin’s expertise encompasses: – Compere, Interviewer, Master of Ceremonies, Auctioneer, After Dinner Speaker, Expert Speaker (Property), Autocue or ad-lib as well as Light Hearted or Serious
His corporate presentation work includes: –
- Ventura Cruise 2013;
- Ideal Home Show 2013 – Expert Celebrity Speaker
- ARMA (Association of Residential Managing Agents)- 2009 & 2010 Conference host
- Make a Wish Charity Ball- Auctioneer and MC 2010
- SAGA cruise- Lecturer- World Cruise 2011
- Willow Foundation- Charity auctioneer & MC 2009 & 2010
Thames Hospice Care- Charity auctioneer & MC 2010
- KPMG- Annual conference 2010 – Expert speaker
Atlantic Law Chambers (Solicitors & Barristers)- Conference 2010- Expert Speaker
- Ideal Home Show (2008 – 2012)- Expert Celebrity SpeakerPresenting ‘Wish You Were Here’ Travel Show on ITV Network (Regular presenter, 8 series)
- He is the former Chairman of the British Guild of Travel Writers and a board member of the Institute of Travel & Tourism and the AIPP. As well as a PropertyColumnist for News of the World and author of Teach Yourself Making Money from Property (Hodder 2008) Martin’s broadcast experience includes: –
- Presenting ‘CNN Travel News’ News programme on CNN Globally (Main Presenter, 100 shows)
He is a regular expert contributor to a wide range of publications including Tesco’s in-store magazine and numerous other lifestyle and property magazines.