Skip to content
- These are pH-stabilizers and are used as emulsifiers and preservatives, in a host of personal care and household cleaning products.
- They have the ability to interact with nitrates in some products or the raw materials in products to form easily carcinogenic nitrosomes which are easily absorbed
- Found in:
- All-purpose household cleaning products, spot removes and metal polishes, make-up and personal care products
- Read the label for:
- Mono-, di-, and tri-ethanolamine, DEA, TEA, cocamide DEA, cocamide MEA, DEA-cetyl phosphate, DEA oleth-3 phosphate, lauramide DEA, linoleamide MEA, myristamide DEA, oleamide DEA, stearamide MEA, TEA-lauryl sulfate
- Problems associated with it:
- Carcinogenic, neurotoxicity, organ system toxicity, eye and skin irritation.